- Look after yourself & each other – in a calm & collected way
- Get enough sleep, keep stress levels in check and continue to move your body
- Consume raw garlic and lots of it! Garlic is natures antimicrobial
- Eat probiotic foods (probiotic yoghurt, sauerkraut, kimchi, kombucha) or take a probiotic capsule
- Try not to overindulge in alcohol as tempting as this may be, as this impairs our immune function
- Concentrate on a diet full of fresh and nutritious foods where possible, with a focus on:
- Zinc: wheat germ, meats, liver, whole grains, pumpkin seeds, nuts
- Vitamin A: Liver, kumara, carrot, spinach, butter, eggs
- Vitamin C: blackcurrants, citrus fruits (oranges, limes and lemons), berries, kiwifruit, fejoas, tomatoes, broccoli, sprouts, red, yellow and green capsicum
Consider giving your skin a helping hand with these incredible products from Miss Vitality:
- Our naturopathic grade Good Oil rich in omegas. This is a bioavailable, high quality fish oil that doesn’t repeat or have the nasty after taste and it’s full of Omega’s 3. Essential fatty acids are a crucial part in helping to absorb essential immune boosting vitamins such at D, E, K, A that support skins inflammatory response, which is a positive aspect for clearer skin. Fatty acids can act as a natural moisturiser that revitalise dry skin from the inside out. Don’t miss out on yours.
- Combine this with Curcumin Forte which is a turmeric and Vitamin C blend – great for boosting your immune system over the coming months.
- Keeping hydrated is crucial with at least 2 cups A.M and P.M of our clinic favourite Clean Tea. This is a truly amazing caffeine free, organic and delicious cleansing tea, Detoxifying for the liver and great for the skin too (see our website for more details while stocks last.)
- Vitality Elevate contains Vital Organic Greens & Reds to boost and support our immune system with vitamins A, C, E, probiotics & olive leaf but also to nourish our adrenals and regulate a healthy stress response. It has a taste similar to spirulina. This is a favourite of Megan’s and the Team (add just one heaped teaspoon to your smoothie) and you wont be so worried if you can’t access the reds and green that you normally can. You’ll find the recipe to our favourite smoothie bowl below.
- Vitality Elixir is a combination of Marine Collagen, essential nutrients Magnesium, Zinc and Antioxidant rich Blueberries. Marine Collagen contains Type 1 collagen that specifically targets the gut, skin, hair, joints and bones. The peptides in Marine Collagen are smaller, meaning they are readily bio available to the body.
|TROPICAL ELEVATE SMOOTHIE BOWL
1c frozen mango
1c fresh pineapple
1 small cucumber, ends removed
2 celery stalks
1 small avocado
1 handful fresh mint
1 1/2 c coconut water
1 tsp Vitality Elevate
Fresh berries to top
1. Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth and creamy.
2. Pour in to a bowl.
3. Top with fresh fruit, coconut and anything else you desire.
4. Enjoy! (serves 2)